Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would getting a quote from the bible tattooed be wrong?

Im christian and want to get a tattoo of a quote from the bible, many john 16:33 or Hebrews 11:1. Im not getting anything bad or huge tattooed just something small with meaning. Would this be wrong for a christian? Thanks!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It seems your intent is to honor God. Go for it! And ignore those who bring up verses from Leviticus. That's old covenant stuff, and we are under the new covenant of grace.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I have a good one:

"Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of egypt. She lusted after their genitals as large as those as donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that as stallions."

Ezekial 23:19-20

• Alikat
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Yes, it would look rubbish and you're stuck with it for life. Get something that actually means something to you, not a random quote from the bible.

• Bihzor
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Having a tattoo isn't really a spiritual issue to my way of thinking, but I do think that they're stupid and ugly.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes, it would bewrong. Now if you were an atheist you could get whatever you liked tattooed anywhere.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Pick this one

Leviticus 19:28 You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.

• 9 years ago

you arent supposed to deface your "temple" or body, since you're asking you must already know

• Frog
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

If you want to look like a serial killer, go ahead.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It is stupid but not evil.

• 9 years ago

Don't do it man.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.