Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why do we Liberals have to do everything to balance this mess the Republicans got us into shouldn't they be?

working to fix it since they broke it into?

Update:

Mr Crow- I don't need any links. Its all over your faces.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

History: Republicans ruin the economy then the adults (the Democrats) come in and make the tough decisions and fix the economy. I've seen it happen three times in my life time and I'm not that old!

• 9 years ago

Meridith, you don't seem to know anything about the "great recession" and the origin of the housing bubble wich was about thirty years in the making. I am not about to say that there is not one Republican that was involved but really....you need to be better informed.

Let me recommend several books for you.Reading is good for the brain. I guess you can go around spouting whatever nonsense you want Facts are facts, truth is truth. Obama is no friend of the common man/working man. He is a crony capitalist to the nth degree.

I recommend Gretchen Morgensen book-well researched, long, a trifle tedious but right on the money. She tells names and takes no prisoners- both sides of the aisle.

Architects of Ruin- Peter Schweizer

Bought and Paid For- Charles Gasparino

Source(s): See above
  • 9 years ago

Liberals actually do something? Say it isn't so. What did they do the first 2 years of the Obama term when they controlled both houses and the executive branch? Did they balance the budget? Nope. Did they fix anything? Nope. What can Liberals do? Create the biggest deficit the world has ever seen? Oh yeah, they can and have done that. Nice work Liberals.

• wtinc
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.

The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995. For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:

January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress.

At the time:

· The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77.

· The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%.

· The Unemployment rate was 4.6%.

George Bush's Economic policies SET A ...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

After 3 years what have the liberals fixed?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Can one of you idiot liberals actually cite any facts supporting your claim that Republicans got us into this mess?

They did not create the housing bubble, which was more a product of liberal, big government policies.

And Obama's policies are preventing a high growth recovery with signficant job creation.

Just because you don't understand what's going on, please do not project your ignorance on us.

• 9 years ago

in 2010, they ran on fixing the economy

what did we get? a bunch of lies about planned parenthood, and an attack on women

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

saying that does not make it FACT; The nazis said it about the jews and the arian people wanted to believe it. However that did not make it true. 6 million lives later they found out it was all lies.

read this about your great President

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/08/the-era-of-... public-events.html

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Making things worse is not fixing anything.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You say you're working to fix it - well, good, at least one liberal working.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.