Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why is the Yaoi Fangirl fandom so creepy?

Seriously- the Yaoi fangirls are terrifying. They ship creepy things- brothers and brothers, characters who should JUST remain friends...

There's this one anime (can't remember the name) about a man whose wife was killed, and he is very poor. He had to quit his job to raise his 7 year old son. THERE WAS A FATHER/SON YAOI PAIRING!!! That's just wrong.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I completely agree with you. I don't understand why people enjoy those sorts of things. Yaoi Fangirls are SOOOOOOOOO creepy. Extremely.

As for that anime, that's just wrong. Very, very wrong.

*Shudders*

• 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure that you are talking about "Papa to kiss in the dark" not sure though. I think Yuri fandom people are just as creepy. I'm a Yaoi fangirl and I don't fantasize brothers or fathers and sons. So don't lump us all up together. A lot of men fantasize about Twin Sisters, and I seen one where it was a mother and daughter. So why just point out Yaoi. Why not point out incest in general. There are other more disturbing aspects to certain manga. Like Rape, lolicon, shotacon. Not just in Yaoi or Yuri but straight manga as well. Its only creepy to you because its not something you prefer.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

What? We're creepy? I'll admit, there are some pairings that should never be. But you have to remember that this is all fiction. None of it is real. A lot of people who like yaoi like seeing their darkest fantasies come true (hence the father and son pairing) but they know that it's not real and would never happen in real life.

And not all people who like yaoi are like that. Boys love, in my opinion, can be the sweetest thing in the world. It can be a lot more meaningful than normal pairings... and it can be kind of hot.

You shouldn't hate without giving some a try. Find a guyxguy pairing that you sort of think would work, then look it up in our fandom. xD We're not as creepy as you think.

• Jackie
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Believe me, I completely understand...

I'm a yaoi fangirl myself, but I don't ship most incestuous relationships...relationships like that simply serve to creep me out.

The way I see it, whatever their relationship really is, it doesn't matter. As long as two hot guys are sleeping with each other, the rest are just 'minor details'.

But then again, the terrifying wrath of the fandom is one of my favorite things about anime. So, let the shipping cannons fire!

(:

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

**** no how's it pathetic? If something it rather is marvellous that the international can discover exhilaration in issues that don't even exist, that our minds can love the fictitious! ...besides the very shown fact that i'm rather jealous you gave up a fandom weblog with 3000 followers once I in basic terms have 250...you fortunate bastard.

• 9 years ago

Because, as yaoi fangirls do, we get desperate for shippings.

im pretty sure yuri fanboys do the same thing.

Source(s): a yaoi fangirl
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.