Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 years ago

how to get pregnant easier?

I am currently 17, yes i know its young to have a child, but i have wanted one for a very long time now and can support a child and need someone in my life that i will love and will bring me happiness. My question is is there something i can do to make sure i get pregnant or will make my chances higher? i would love for it to happen quickly

Favorite Answer

You cannot be selfish about this. I realise that sounds very, very harsh, but babies will bring you sleepless nights, a lot of worry and utter exhaustion. Think of the practicalities - how will you honestly finance this? If you're out working, who will look after your child? Will they want to? Do you know how much children honestly cost? You'll be supporting him/her financially for at least 18 years - that's longer than you've lived.

It sounds to me like you need a lot of love and some counsellling, but babies won't give you this, not for at least a couple of years. They will also grow away from you as they gain independence - doesn't mean they won't love you, but it means that they need to be able to live their own lives. They're not pets, they're people. I strongly recommend you get a cat instead. You will get a good introduction into learning to care for another being but you won't have to wake every 2 hours to feed it. There is no way I can easily tell you how much hard work it is - the unpredictability of daily life. I take my hat off to single mums, I honestly don't know how they do it without going nuts - and I adore my daughter. Or you could help out in a child centre for a while - you'll still get your evenings and weekends off (I don't) and some holidays, but it might give you a better idea of what it's like. Do not get pregnant - a child is for life, not for therapy.

Source(s): Mum to 1, 19 weeks with No.2 :-)

Your baby is not going to show you love. Babies are selfish so if your doing this for affection get a dog. How could you be financially stable at 17 ? Do you know what school doing good in your area? How far away is the nearest soccer or dance practise? How much ends it cost for health insurance a year? How you going to keep up with your rent if your babys ill? Your not ready for a baby. How long could a very long time mean to you at 17 like 4 years? Well babies don't look after themselves at 4

Are your parents rich or something?

How can a 17 year old have enough money to support child? Health insurance alone would take all of the income of most 17 year olds.

we all just answered your other question, and honey, it will not make you any happier until you are older.

pregnancy is horrible and the first 3 months of the babies life you will not sleep.

im sorry but you need to be happy with yourself, find a real relationship, get a job and then think about a baby.

it is not fair bringing a baby into your situation intentionally.

Have un procted sex everyday... Have him came in you.. Then you'll get pregnant