Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How old do I have to be to get a CCW/CPL in Michigan?

I am 19 and I am looking to get a CCW/CPL but I've been told that you have to be 21 in Michigan. Is this true? Am I allowed to purchase my own gun to practice at the range or do I need a permit?

Favorite Answer

21.

You can not buy a handgun or handgun ammo until you are 21 per federal law. Since you can not buy a gun or ammo, it will mean that some adult will have to buy them for you. When you get a CCW and carry you need to be FULLY responsible for it. That means not having to drag in an adult in regards to the purchase of the gun or ammo. If you could get a CCW before age 21 and you actually had to shoot someone, then the adult that bought you the gun and ammo could be charged or sued for actions that you did. For example, if you were found guilty of attempted murder rather than self defense then the adult could be charged with aiding and abetting your attempted murder. That would be totally unfair for them.

So .....21.....

Yes you must be 21:

1. The applicant is 21 years of age.

2. The applicant has resided in Michigan for at least 6 months.

3. The applicant is a citizen or legal resident of the United States.

4. The applicant has successfully taken a gun safety course.

5. The applicant is not under certain court orders, such as those involving mental disabilities, personal

protection orders, legal incapacitation, etc.

6. The applicant does not have a pending felony charge and has never been convicted of a felony or

certain misdemeanors within a specified time period.

7. The applicant has not been involuntarily committed due to a mental illness, adjudged insane, guilty

but mentally ill or pled insanity in a criminal case.

8. The applicant does not have a diagnosed mental illness at the time of the application.

9. The applicant has not been dishonorably discharged from the US military.

10. The applicant is not subject to a court order prohibiting the possession of a firearm.

Check out this site for more information:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Normally you will not be required to do anything other than fill out the appropriate paperwork and submit a state issued ID such as a driver's license once you are 21. An instant background check over the phone will be done. Some states have a waiting period for handguns. In many such states, the waiting period is waived if you posses a valid concealed carry permit.

Good luck

If the lady say confident that she would be able to do it for money or back hire she made the 1st circulate then thy could have intercourse yet what the lows of Michigan says is it okay to have intercourse if ur sixteen with a guy fifty two

21. You can obtain a handgun, but not from a licensed dealer. You can buy a long rifle or shotgun at 18.