Can I switch iPhones on my account?

I have the family plan with AT&T. I have the iPhone 4 on my phone number, and my daughter has the iPhone 4S on her phone number. If I wanted to swap phones with her, could I take the SIM card out of both phones and swap them so that I have the 4S? Or do I need to take both phones up to AT&T and have them do it or some other kind of programming or settings change?

Also, if I did the swap at home or at the AT&T store, what all information would I end up losing? (contacts, texts, etc)

Favorite Answer

The contacts should transfer with the SIM cards. Texts will likely stay in the phone memory.

Yes, you can switch the phones on your account.