I paid for a swimsuit with my card, but could I get a cash refund?

I got a swimsuit in JD Sports two weeks and 3 days ago. I thought I was going to use it to go swimming but I've realised that I'm just going to stick with the gym. The only problem is that I paid by card but I've completely missplaced it and i'd rather have a cash refund. Would they be able to give me a cash refund or would they transfer it back into my bank account? Thanks x

• Boots
    Favorite Answer

No.

The issue the refund according to the method of payment. If you don't have the card, they can give you a store credit or they may be able to put it on another card.

Not likely. Merchants provide refunds in the same method as the purchase was tendered. If you misplaced your card, call the card issuer for a replacement.

If you are persistent and polite, they might issue you a refund by check in the mail.

If you paid cash, you would get the refund in the mail. However, since you used your credit card, it would just balance itself out when you return it.

Source(s): Retired bill collector 35 years

As Mark stated web of trust is a very good tool for identifying legitimate and illegitimate websites.