Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My first blind date, how do you think it went?

I was recently set-up my first ever blind date through, of all people, our mothers. We went to an indoor skydiving place for our date. I think I made a good first impression with her dad and his wife, as we talked and seemed to hit it off. When she arrived I could tell she was shy and didn't really talk much. Any ways, we went to the skydiving place first and on the way there were a few silent moments. We went skydiving and we both had a really good time. After that, we went to a restaurant and ate dinner (not as many silent moments there).Then I dropped her back off at home, at the end we gave each other a hug and she asked me to text her when I got back home to make sure I got home safe. I told her I had a great time and she said she had a good time too. Today I asked her out for another date the upcoming Friday, but she said her son (2 yrs) had a surgery on Friday and wouldn't be able to. I asked her if she had fun and wanted to go out again to let me know and she said she will [ :) smiley face included *not sure if it matters].

Just another detail...when I text her sometimes I'll text and she won't get back with me until the next day. I know sometimes it's better than trying to force a conversation but I get an uneasy feeling, does this sound normal? She's got my head spinning

Finally my questions:

Do you think she had a good time?

How do you think it went?

Am I over analyzing this?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Chill, relax, take a few deep breaths. The last thing you want to do is come off as a clingy wussy guy. Nothing will make a lady run quicker than a clingy wussbag calling and texting all the time. If she said she can't make a date on Friday and you didn't reschedule for some other day, then leave the ball in her court. In the meantime, now that you've had the one date, why don't you go out and meet other gals. There's lots of them out there, and you don't really need your mother to introduce you to eligible ladies do you?? Just go out to a gym, bookstore, bar, grocery store, wherever, there's cute ladies everywhere.

Be cool and don't spend all of your energies on this one gal, there's lots of other ones out there.

Good luck.

• ?

i think of you're so shallow this lady needless to say has no self esteem and that i guess you made it 10 circumstances worse. i'm 18 years previous and that i weigh 85kg and that i've got plenty self belief in my self by way of my boyfriend he weighs approximately 75kg and he's the perfect individual I even have ever met he loves me for me and not the rest you are able to no longer choose people by utilising wat they seem to be for all you be attentive to she could be each and everything your searching for in a dating in simple terms no longer seems smart. and asking her if her family individuals became as huge as her became so impolite you deserved greater then getting chased together with her oxygen tank she could have ran you down in her chair my 12 twelve months previous brother is in a wheelchair and you judging somebody for haveing well-being issues is discusting you are able to feel embarrassment approximately your self.