Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Tragic things to happen in my book I'm writing?

So I'm writing this book about a boy who gets involved with a gang he doesn't have a dad but in the middle of the book he finds his mom dead by overdose what are some other intense things to keep people reading

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

-one of his non gang friends gets jumped by his gang friends & he has to decide who means more to him

- A description of the 1st time he uses drugs

-a long lost sister he meets as shes prosituting. & it turns out shr could be doingthat to make money & thats how he can find out about his mom

-Gang enitiation, like him robbing a store or having to do a hit

-Later have a kid join the gamg thats younger than him, but have him have the perfect life

-Sleeping in thestreet

-having him walk around the town with a gun on him, not looking guilty

-Him selling drugs to kids younger than him hoing down the same path

-him getting arrested somhow & being questioned by the cops, not knowing who to call

-stabbing another friend who wasnt in the gang

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The following might inspire some ideas:

-The gang forces the boy to make his first kill

-Someone close to him dies

-He is sealed in the gang, if he leaves, it's by dying (he just found this out)

-His girlfriend is raped by other gang members, or his gang; which teaches him of the roughness and attitude of the criminal underworld.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

some people stop reading because books are too real most people read to get away from real life think about that

Source(s): MY GREAT UNICORN MIND
  • 9 years ago

Well, he's involved with a gang, isn't he? Gangs are notorious for murder, world-wide.

Source(s): The little knowledge I have of generic gangs.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.