Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 9 years ago

Classic Pop Performance Song Ideas?

I am a pretty seasoned musical theatre actress, so I'm used to performing onstage. Usually I audition with a musical theatre piece. This is the first straight up vocal competition I have done that isn't some sort of classical contest. My vocal range is from an alto to a high soprano, however I am mainly a powerful belter/mezzo. I need a pop song, but preferably none of this new age mainstream stuff like lady gaga. Preferably something similar to Lean On Me. Something that everyone knows and has a great melody. I really appreciate the help!!!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know if everybody knows it where you live, but "Only You" by Vince Clarke and sung by Alison Moyet is really nice (she's an alto).

Or how about "Till There was You" by Meredith Willson?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.