Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 9 years ago

Classic Pop Performance Song Ideas?

I am a pretty seasoned musical theatre actress, so I'm used to performing onstage. Usually I audition with a musical theatre piece. This is the first straight up vocal competition I have done that isn't some sort of classical contest. My vocal range is from an alto to a high soprano, however I am mainly a powerful belter/mezzo. I need a pop song, but preferably none of this new age mainstream stuff like lady gaga. Preferably something similar to Lean On Me. Something that everyone knows and has a great melody. I really appreciate the help!!!

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I don't know if everybody knows it where you live, but "Only You" by Vince Clarke and sung by Alison Moyet is really nice (she's an alto).

Or how about "Till There was You" by Meredith Willson?