Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 9 years ago

Would you rather get a 2006 Honda civic coupe EX or a 2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback?

I am turning 17 this year and my parents are deciding what car I should get. It is now down to a 2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX W/Navigation and a salvage title and a 2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback! They are both pretty good on the outside appearance and the inside as well. (The Mazda has leather seats and no navigation and the Honda civic has cloth seats with navi!..just FYI) So I was just wondering which car would be more reliable for me? which one is more suited as a first car choice and which one is safer!? Thank you!

*Both cars are around the same price range $9500! (So there both reasonablely affordable!) Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Well usually i would say the mazda, practically because i have had one in my high school years, it was a 2005 mazda 3 and man was it a nice, fast, and smooth car. Depressingly, i wreckd it. I would recommend the mazda because every ricer, old man, and child has a honda civic. As far as reliability, cars like mazda, ford, and subaru have become just as reliable as honda and toyota over the years. With the mazda, you will feel like an individual and Mazda's also are cheaper to fix than honda's. My Gf's new toyota camry and my 2010 honda accord are already having problems starting during cold weather, so that goes to show you that they are not built as well as they used to be.

the civic... so embarrassing driving a mazda

Source(s): me.