Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

Should I go to therapy? Not sure?

My mom found out that I cut and sort of have an eating disorder, by sort of I mean it is a mix of anorexia and bulimia and hasnt been going on long enough to actually be considered an eying disorder (about 1 month). She is trying to make me go to therapy. At first I was very reluctant, but now I'm not sure. Should I go?

Favorite Answer

I think it would be a good idea if you could go to the therapy - even if you feel its something that you dont particullarly need its not going to do any harm and if its something that could prevent an eating disorder from developing its a good thing

Also the cutting is worrying so I think it would be good if you could have someone to talk to about that where what you say will be confidential and the fact that you dont know them you wouldnt have to worry about what you were saying upsetting them

I think the therapy would be a really good idea but its your choice good luck with whatever you decide

Yes, of course you should. it wont get better by just letting your problems build up, she wants to put you in therapy because she cares about your safety. You dont have to do this to yourself, go get the help you deserve.

Well you should see help. Find out what insucurities (cant spell) you have or if that is even the problem.

You might fix all your problems in a couple of sessions, who knows.