Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What do I do if someone online won't refund me my down payment on a project they never completed?

I ordered a custom helmet from a props guy on the internet who said he could have it done in the month or so I needed it completed by. I put a down payment of about $60-70 on it. Over a year later, the helmet wasn't done and he never told me any progress about it unless I contacted him myself. I told him seven months ago that I wanted a refund and he agreed but I never received a payment from him and he never contacted me back. A month ago I brought this up and he still has yet to reply. What can I do?

Update:

I wasn't "had." A friend of mine also ordered a helmet from him before I did and then told me about him and he was suppose to finish the helmets around the same time. When he didn't get it done, he gave HER a refund but I was more lenient and gave him more time. Then I lost my patience and demanded a refund, which he hasn't given me. I don't think he's a con artist, I think he's just a terrible business man.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ask for a refund in writing and send via certified mail

You may have to take him to take him to small claims court

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It's been A YEAR? And you still haven't figured out you've been had?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.