What do I do if someone online won't refund me my down payment on a project they never completed?

I ordered a custom helmet from a props guy on the internet who said he could have it done in the month or so I needed it completed by. I put a down payment of about $60-70 on it. Over a year later, the helmet wasn't done and he never told me any progress about it unless I contacted him myself. I told him seven months ago that I wanted a refund and he agreed but I never received a payment from him and he never contacted me back. A month ago I brought this up and he still has yet to reply. What can I do?

I wasn't "had." A friend of mine also ordered a helmet from him before I did and then told me about him and he was suppose to finish the helmets around the same time. When he didn't get it done, he gave HER a refund but I was more lenient and gave him more time. Then I lost my patience and demanded a refund, which he hasn't given me. I don't think he's a con artist, I think he's just a terrible business man.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Ask for a refund in writing and send via certified mail

You may have to take him to take him to small claims court

• ?

It's been A YEAR? And you still haven't figured out you've been had?