Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should I move in with her?

One of my best friends has a friend who's looking for a roommate at the same apartments I'm looking into. I don't know her very well and not to sound rude and judgmental but her looks (not ugly just different style than me) put me off a little. I know I sound VERY rude but I swear I'm not. I'm thinking about just talking to her about it and see how it goes. I'm really shy and nervous and don't like other people very well. I have major social anxiety but I'm sure if we have similar friends we'd probably get along. What do you think?

Favorite Answer

First, you do not sound rude at all.

I would suggest against moving in with someone you do not know. You do not know her or her friends, and sometimes things happen that are very unpleasant, or sometimes personal items end up vanishing, and at minimum, if you can not relax and get sleep, it is difficult to be fresh and alert for school or work or whatever.

Get to know someone well before deciding to move in together. I understand that you have major social anxiety - do what is best for you. Me personally, I am outgoing and flexible and wouldn't move in with anyone I do not know well for thousands of reasons.

Good Luck !!

Source(s): I have seen bad situations happen when strangers move in together.
  • John

You definitely need to spend some times with that person first. Like talk to her and try to get to know her. Because you don't know what kind of a person she is. She might be a bad person. Who know. So get to know a bit about her first. Then go with your instinct. :) Because it's important who're going to sleep in the same place with you. Because you're basically letting a stranger in. Gotta know that person first.

Source(s): Johnny

I think you should try it out, but also living with another roomate is difficult because you guys are set in your different ways if you can afford yoyr own apartment there i would do that instead

Well, ask her if you could spend a weekend with her to see if you're both compatible. Tell her you dont want to make a mistake and in anyway cause either one of you to be uncomfortable.

Do it! What's the worst that could happen?