Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

How can I stop this from happening ?

When I shave my pubic hair how can I stop ingrown hairs ?

Favorite Answer

ingrown hairs sometimes are caused when the hair goes to poke through again and the pores are so tight and perhaps closed over with natural skin secretions that it starts to bend back in on itself and cause an irritation. Often, though, people confuse ingrown hairs with the actual irritation from shaving in the first place. So here's what you are going to do.....get a soap that is for sensitive skin and perhaps a bit antibacterial at that. before you shave take a nice hot bath and wash the area super good. then cut off as much of the hair as you can with scissors so it won't clog up the razor so easilly. Use a nice sharp razor (I use the fusion proglide) and rinse it often. the shaving cream you use should be for sensitive skin....I personally use Biotherm Homme as it lasts forever and has thermal spa water which helps prevent irritation. Shave, keep the skin as tight as you can and rinse the blade after every swipe. After you are all done, rinse well and then apply a moisturizer. The Biotherm Homme line has one specifically to prevent razor bumps. When you bathe until your next shave be sure to bathe often and use as hot of water as you can stand (within reason) to clean the area so the pores stay open and use a non irritating soap and apply moisturizer. that should help you out.

Apply Vitamin E Oil daily to the affected area to moisturize the skin & promote healing.

stop shaving your da# pubic hairs and just trim it nicely

• ?

well shave with the grain.

you can't. don't shave it. cut it really, really close.