Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

How can I stop this from happening ?

When I shave my pubic hair how can I stop ingrown hairs ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

ingrown hairs sometimes are caused when the hair goes to poke through again and the pores are so tight and perhaps closed over with natural skin secretions that it starts to bend back in on itself and cause an irritation. Often, though, people confuse ingrown hairs with the actual irritation from shaving in the first place. So here's what you are going to do.....get a soap that is for sensitive skin and perhaps a bit antibacterial at that. before you shave take a nice hot bath and wash the area super good. then cut off as much of the hair as you can with scissors so it won't clog up the razor so easilly. Use a nice sharp razor (I use the fusion proglide) and rinse it often. the shaving cream you use should be for sensitive skin....I personally use Biotherm Homme as it lasts forever and has thermal spa water which helps prevent irritation. Shave, keep the skin as tight as you can and rinse the blade after every swipe. After you are all done, rinse well and then apply a moisturizer. The Biotherm Homme line has one specifically to prevent razor bumps. When you bathe until your next shave be sure to bathe often and use as hot of water as you can stand (within reason) to clean the area so the pores stay open and use a non irritating soap and apply moisturizer. that should help you out.

• 9 years ago

Apply Vitamin E Oil daily to the affected area to moisturize the skin & promote healing.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

stop shaving your da# pubic hairs and just trim it nicely

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

well shave with the grain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

you can't. don't shave it. cut it really, really close.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.