Why are indie music fans so annoying/condescending?

Seriously all the people i know who like indie have this delusion that they're the most deep and musically intelligent people and that everyone else's taste is too "mainstream"

There is NO link between obscurity and talent, both the "mainstream" and the underground have there good bands and artists

That is such a stupid adjective by the way.

Clearly if "mainstream" music is selling millions and winning awards it must be doing SOMETHING right.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I don't think of anyone like that at all. Everyone is personally entitled to their opinion. While I portray myself as a hipster, I enjoy some mainstream music now and then as well as tolerating different interests of other people.

Source(s): big-time indie music fan