Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Melody
Lv 5
Melody asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 9 years ago

Is it true that you can give someone herpes if you're prone to cold sores?

I was reading an article about safe sex and one of the tips was to tell your partner if you're prone to cold sores, because they're a form of herpes and you can give your partner genital herpes.

I am prone to cold sores...i don't want to give my boyfriend herpes!

Update:

Also, do you only pass it on if you have a cold sore when performing oral sex?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cold sores are extremely contagious, just do yourself a favor and resist any intimacy when you have cold sores, a simple cold sore. There is no cure for cold sores, most certainly proven methods to stop cold sores from often coming back and decrease the healing time, but no cure. More than likely, if you suffer from cold sores, you're being given a great warning "a tingle" usually above the lip or area where you get cold sores. It is at this point you should take action. There are some excellent proven tips , methods, and books on helping cold sore sufferers. You should also be taking steps to increase lysine in your body, one of the best weapons for a cold sore defense. No , oral sex is not the only way to pass on cold sores, touching, kissing, rubbing, you name it. As I said, forgo the intimacy and wait for the complete healing.

Source(s): http://howtohealcoldsores.com/ the cold sore blog.
  • 5 years ago

Source(s): Bring Ex Lover Back - http://exback.oruty.com/?oLTR
  • 5 years ago

Source(s): Cold Sore Home Treatment - http://coldsore.ohfos.com/?ErY
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

My best friend has had genital herpes for about eight months now, and it's been really rough. She's had about 7 outbreaks. Everywhere I read it says it stops flaring up so much after time, but its not getting less frequent for her. She's been on Antiviral meds the whole time, too. She also has type 1 diabetes which she has had her whole life, which really weakens her immune system. Will it ever get better?

But after a friend share this video everything has changed.

Natural Safe Herpes Remedy?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

There is herpes simplex I and herpes simplex II. Usually cold sores are apart of herpes simplex I. They can be passed to a partner during oral sex if you have a cold sore present. Your partner can get it in the genital region if you have it orally.

Source(s): Medical field
  • 9 years ago

i think that's true

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.