HELP! THIS IS MY CHEM REVIEW!!! PLEASE:)?
Can someone please help me!, my chemistry doesnt teach us or checks our reviews! i cant do anything else but ask for help here where i can check it afterwards! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
1. what follows an elements symbol in a chemical to indicate the number of atoms of that element in one molecule of the compound.
c.number in parentheses
2. the chemical formula for an ionic compound represents one
3. what is the correct notation for a calcium ion whose outershell is a full octet
4. what is the correct name for the NO-3 ion
d. nitrogen oxide
5. what is the correct formula for copper(1) cyanide
6. what is the correct name for the acid CH3COOH
a. carbonic acid
b. carbonate acid
c. acetic acid
d. acetous acid
7. what is the correct name for the compound p2Cl4
b phosphorus tetrachloride
c. diphosphorus chloride
d. diphosphorus tetrachloride
8. what is the correct formula for the compound made of magnesium and nitrogen
9. oxidation numbers are used to indiacate the
a.charge on an ion
b. number of atoms or ions in a compound
c. type of bond holding particles together in a compound
10. atoms have an oxidation number of zero in a(n)
11. what is the oxidation number of nickel in NiCO3
12. what is the correct name for the compound Ni2O3 using the stock system
d.nickel (111) oxide
13. what is the oxidation number for phosphorus in the PO3-/4 ion
14. what is the correct formula for the compound platinum (VI) fluoride?
15. the formula mass of any compound is described in units of
d.grams per mole
16. the molar mass of water is equal to
a.1 g of O plus 2 g of H
b.1 g of O plus 1 g of H
c.the mass of 1 mol of O plus the mass of 1 mol of H
d.the mass of 1 mol of O plus the mass of 2 mol of H
17. what is the molar mass of pure tin
18. how many moles of compound are there in 15.0 g of potassium dichromate, Kr2Cr2O7?(the molar mass is 294.2g)
19. what is the mass percentage of cobalt in cobalt(II)fluoride, CoF2?
20. what is the mass of 4.80 mol of barium hydride, BaH2?
21. which of the following molecular formulas DOES NOT have the corresponding empirical formula XY2Z
22. The simplest whole number ratio of moles of each element in a compound is known as the
23.what is the empirical formula for a compound that contains 12.62% Li, 29.17% S, and 58.21% O
24. what is the molecular formula for the compound with a formula mass of 58.12 amu and an empirical formula of C2H5?
25. what is the molecular formula for the compound that is made up of 30.45 g N and 69.55 g O, and has a formula mass of 92,02 amu?
- Kaye dLv 49 years agoFavorite Answer
1. d; 2.a; 3. b; 4.a; 5. c; 6.c; 7.d; 8.b; 9.a; 10.a; 11.c; 12.d; 13. c Note:IT'S (PO4)/-3 ; 14.d; 15.b; 16.d; 17.c; 18.a;
19.c; 20.d; 21.b; 22.b; 23. c; 24. b; 25.d