Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 9 years ago

I am thinking of applying to be an extra in a movie, what do I need on this list?

They want (1 headshot 1 full body) Reel, Website , Facebook and bio.

But then it says if you are a cool guy or girl to contact them. I've never done this before. For just an extra, what is a Reel and why would I need a website and bio? Or were they referring to the lead role they were talking about? I don't want any lead role, just something cool to do (although my friend warned me this can actually be a tedious process of waiting and you may never get chosen for being an extra overall).

This is the link for the ad:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tlg/295458465...

Can anyone help me out here please? What does this Reel thing mean? Thanks (I know, I'm totally green, don't want to act, just want to try something like an extra because I work right next to Hollywood and it's in driving distance). Thanks.

Favorite Answer

why do they want your facebook, that doesnt sound legit at all, or its probably low budget. a reel is practically just a video of you acting in different scenes