Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

iPhone texting help!?

so i just got an iphone and im a little confused about texting.

i was told that "imessage" or "messages" is the texting thing for an iPhone, but i read on the settings that it only allows you to text ipads, iphones, and ipods, so i cant text my friends who have actual cellphones other than iPhones. how do i text them? and is imessage what im supposed to be using for texting on an iPhone or is there something im missing..?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

imessage only work on apple devices...if you send a text to someone with out an iphone it will be send as a regular text message...if it is being sent as a imessage to ppl without an iphone,just tap the message and it will be sent as a text.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

You can still text other people!

iMessage is just messaging to iphones, ipads, and ipod touches. So it gives you the ability to text ipods and ipads.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

This is why I don't have an iphone:-P

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.