Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is it normal for a belly button piercing to become sore a week after getting it pierced?

I got my belly button pierced a week ago and it didn't hurt at all and it didn't even hurt the first few days after that. But I've noticed since about yesterday that's it's becoming sore and slightly red. I've been cleaning it twice a day with mild soap and also soaking it with warm water and sea salt. It's not becoming infected is it? :/

Favorite Answer

It sounds like it might be getting infected :\

You might need more of a disinfectant than just soap and saltwater since it's doing that. Just make sure to be gentle when doing that and don't touch it too much.

Are your shirt or pants rubbing it?

Use Saline solution. It sounds like it's becoming infected. Just don't touch it with dirty hands and try to keep away from it unless you're cleaning it.

Source(s): 2 year professional body piercer.