Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

A particle of mass m1 = 2.8 kg moving along the x axis collides with a particle of mass m2 = 4.3 kg?

A particle of mass m1 = 2.8 kg moving along the x axis collides with a particle of mass m2 = 4.3 kg initially at rest. The incoming particle is deflected in the direction 27 degrees above the x axis, whereas the target particle moves off at 11 m/s at 36 degrees below the x axis. What are the initial and final speeds of the 2.8 kg particle?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The final speed is found just using the conservation of momentum theory:

11*4.3 = 2.8*x

x= (11*4.3)/2.8

x being the final velocity

EDIT: I am back and was bored so I gave it a go, initial velocity:

((11*4.3)/2.8) cos (27) = Initial Velocity.

• 4 years ago

relies upon on situation. Like time i choose sluggish and issues that would desire to be dealt with a a sluggish %. and to make issues final. yet for different issues like making use of for occasion i could choose quickly, or some thing I dislike, or some thing that desires to be accomplished with out postpone. So it relies upon on the situation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.