Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Molly asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

Girls, how did you do this?

Okay so I need a bra but I'm afraid to ask my mom. I'm afraid of her saying "oh I don't think you need one yet" or "are you kidding me?!". Cuz my sister got her's in grade 7 and I'm in grade 6. Is there anyway I can ask her without her thinking those things or a way to hint to her that I need one?

Favorite Answer

Just ask! :) She is your mom, anyway.

If she does say something about you don't need one, just talk with her and explain why you want one. I'm sure she'll listen. :)

Just go ahead and ask her...the least she can say is no. you never have a chance of getting what you want when you dont ask or try! go for it! hope this helped! if she says no then ask if you can wear a training bra or a sports bra!

Mom, can I get a bra now? The boys stare at me all the time. When I go down the stairs they bounce too much.

Honestly, I know your not looking for this answer but as everyone else said, just ask her. If you really need it, she'll understand. Remember, she was once your age, she might have been struggling the same way with her mom (your grandma) :) Good luck!

Source(s): My very own brain machine :D haha

I had my first bra in 6th grade, just tell her you want one. You feel like alot of girls in your grade have one, and you want one too.

never know til you ask

you just ask!