Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChevrolet · 9 years ago

y cant my camaro 1994 z28 cant handle a 60 shot of nos?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As long as its installed right, sure it can. It can handle at least twice that.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The computer will add the additional fuel needed and even modify the timing, 60 should be NO problem! Verify the fuel system is up to snuff, whatever you do, don't go lean! Is your car otherwise tip-top or are you just asking for trouble? I would by no means hit the NOS off the line... Put the car in Drive and hit it after shifting into third gear. Full throttle upshifting on the juice is noobschool begging for it. NOS on the rev-limiter is a BAD IDEA. Use it only in third gear with no problems and you can run twice that amount of bottle.

• 9 years ago

You have to be careful on the LT1 when you run nitrous. You have hyperteutectic pistons, and they are very noteworthy in their dislike of detonation. If you do not set up a nitrous shot properly on your LT1 and you detonate, you can very easily punch a hole through one of your pistons.

It can very well handle nitrous/boost up to about 400 hp, then you start having to worry about the strength of the parts of your stock rotating assembly, particularly on a street/strip car. Just be very careful about the timing advance relative to the nitrous....

Source(s): Own a 95 Z28.
  • Tony
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Who said you can't? A 60 shot is nothing, even with the hyper pistons and the OBD1 computer...whoever told you that a 60-shot is too much is an idiot, stop listening to them.

• M'kay
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

they have alot of compression and the fuel injection cuts fuel if it hits the limiter which if that happens with nitrous your engine is toast. but if you do it right and use a wet kit you should be fine up to 100 shot. i would pretty much never use a dry kit myself.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.