Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

How much weight can you lose by smelling 1 banana?

2= Is it the inside or the outside you smell?

3= How many times do you need to smell bananas to lose a stone?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Quite a lot if you don't actually eat anything.

In all seriousness though and despite what others have mentioned, smells can indeed affect your brain and therefore your body in a number of ways. Hard to quantify though.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I believe you only need to smell one but it has to be the actual banana not the skin. I have also heard smelling a apple works to and that smelling a orange makes you lose twice the weight as a banana would! I think the trick is that it makes you less hungry when you smell them. I'm not quite sure how many you need to smell to lose a stone though sorry

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

How about some of you ignorant people do a little research on topics such as this one before you start calling people names.

I have too heard of smelling bananas and also apples to lose weight. Thought it was rather strange when someone told me but didn't succombe to name calling just because it sounded odd. There is some research behind the theory.

A stupid question is a question not asked.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nothing.

There's a theory that smelling fruit can cause you to lose weight. Whether it is true or not, you can try by putting the scent on your pillow or things you are around. It wont be immediate or guaranteed... but crazier things have happend.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

What are you talking about?

Smelling food does not burn any calories. At all.

• 9 years ago

Zero pounds

• 9 years ago

Sorry to point this out...but smelling food doesn't make you loose any weight at all :(

• 9 years ago

Try a treadmill instead. Better results.

Source(s): My brain, of course.
  • 9 years ago

? LMAO! R u serious hahaha 0lbs

• 9 years ago

-90000 lbs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.