Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelLatin AmericaEcuador · 8 years ago

Moving to Ecuador soon, have some questions?

My family plan on moving there soon, and we have to learn Spanish and etc. I've heard that it's a very nice place, but has bug's and etc.

What are the people like? What race do you find the most? What is the lifestyle like? Seeing how different the currency is compared to our country and theirs, we'll be higher than middle class there. Based on that, will life be nice there? Is their anything we should expect? I'm excited but kind of scared.

Thanks. :3

Favorite Answer

Hi ! I'm from Ecuador, and glad to know that you are coming to our country.

The bugs stuff: you can find bugs mostly in the Amazon part. (1/4 of the country), if you live in city, you won't have problems.

We are really kind, you can find everything over here! We are not indigenous people, you will find some but most of us are like you! Nothing to worry about... Lifestyle is very techonological, we go to schools, you will find lots of kinds of schools, we have big highways, (enough for a latin american country), and well, is a very developed country. (mostly Quito, Guayaquil).

Most of people from Asian countries are in high class. I'm from Middle Class and I can tell you I am just like any US citizen (if that is a reference). Most of the people from Lower Middle to High Class go to private schools, which are technological developed and have great English and French teaching level.

Our national sport is soccer, you will find a lot of soccer teams and stadiums through the country. We have shopping malls and everything, lol! Some people think that we ecuadorians live in the jungle! But that is obviously not true! Well, I don't know what else to say!

Definitely life is nice here!

You can add me on facebook: Mateo Cahueñas, twitter, @MateoCahuenas or e-mail me to mateo_cahuenaz@hotmail.com, so I can answer any questions you want!

Hope this answer is helpful!

Take care!

Source(s): ME!

Hey 사랑해 ♪♫♥,

I'm sorry that you have to move away from home but hopefully the experience will be worthwhile and in the end you will enjoy your life more. To get a sense of how life is in Ecuador through the internet I sugest you read the wikipedia link for info on culture/demographics/history/average salaries so on and so forth. If you don't already know Spanish I urge you to try this link.

Learn Spanish:

http://learnspanish.languagelearneronline.com/

Best of luck to you and your new life. I wish you and your family the best.

Source(s): Learned Spanish 16 yrs ago, now fluent. Been to Ecuador 1 time too, nice country =)

I used to be in Ecuador for 10 days in August, it used to be robust, you can like it! I used to be in Quito and no longer Guayaquil, so I could also be biased, however it used to be a individual town! There is such a lot tradition in Quito, from exceptional structure to lovely church buildings and it's near sufficient to many locations in order that you would take an afternoon travel (love to Otovalo). The nightlife used to be a laugh within the Mariscol district, however I did pay attention that Guayaquil used to be larger than Quito so far as nightlife.

google Ecuador. Please write me when you get there and let me know about your experiences after getting there. jabezagain@yahoo.com