Should I double major in criminal justice and culinary arts?

I'm a junior in high school right now but I'm planning for college and I'm torn between my love of culinary arts and my love of criminal justice. I know they are two completely different subjects but I really can't decide. My true passion is culinary arts but my father doesnt approve and wont help me financially if thats what I choose. So although I do love criminal justice as well, it'd be more for my father. Can someone help me out with some advice? Has anyone double majored? Is it hard?

I'm not attending a community college by the way... so no, my criminal justice major would lead to way more than a security guard.

Favorite Answer

Culinary arts is not a university subject.

Few community colleges allow a double major. A community college criminal justice major leads to becoming a security guard at best. You have another year to choose one career path or another. Do you want to be a cook or a probation officer? I wrote "cook" and not "chef" because most culinary arts graduates never attain the rank of chef. If you want to be a probation officer, you need a bachelor's degree.

You do not need a criminal justice degree to become a police officer. To become a police officer, go to a police academy.

Culinary arts makes a nice hobby.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best wishes.

Double majoring in two different subjects can be hard. The course requirements can be weird and make your schedule be difficult. This is mainly because you don't have courses that can compliment each other such as Food Processing, Basic Nutrition and Microbiology classes can compliment each other. Pathogens and ways to store food are covered in each of these classes as well as other things that overlap. I am a Food Science, Anthropology and Pre-Law major. The Pre-law has 0 class requirements and only requires a senior interview and a degree major. Food Science (science option) and a Bachelor's of Science in Anthropology have some classes together such as the basics and science courses. Now I have two anthropology courses and a food science course as well as a science course.

The two anthropology courses are intro to linguistics anthropology and intro to physical anthropology and my food science courses are HACCP and my science is Chemistry II. This is causing me to have to study much harder than I did when I had complementary courses.

You just have to figure out a method that works for you when studying and being able to schedule classes so you can get all your course requirements in a timely manner.

Best of luck to you!

Source(s): Major: Food Science, Anthropology, Pre-Law; Junior at KSU
  • grewe

regularly while searching for a double significant, you achieve this as a results of fact the two majors share an excellent area of required instructions. as an occasion, In maximum universities somebody receiving a level in Civil Engineering might only would desire to take some greater beneficial instructions to acquire a level in arithmetic besides. on an identical time as English is a effective significant in case you plan on transforming into a instructor, it has minimum purposes interior the very own-sector job industry. An English significant is typically blended with a minor or double significant in matters inclusive of journalism, or education. in case you plan on pursuing artwork interior the legal field, you would be greater useful served to income criminal justice and political technology. in case you will possibly prefer to artwork interior the ordinary public sector, examining English and criminal Justice with a minor in Linguistics might furnish you with a sturdy commencing to pursue artwork with the CIA.

Do what you want to do for the rest of your life. If you pick culinary arts then your father will probably get over it if he truly cares about you.

Hi,

May be this site can help you

http://artofculinary.net

Regards,