how many watts generator do I need to power 2000 watt power inverter ?

I bought a small food truck which needs a generator to power up the appliances on it , but it has a 2000 watt power inverter already installed on it so I'm wandering how many watts of generator do I need to buy, any help is appreciated

Favorite Answer

The size of the generator will depend on the electrical needs of the trucks' appliances. Grills are sometimes propane, but can be electrical. Then there are small appliances like food processors, meat grinders, etc. A 2000 Watt inverter is a starting point. I'd be looking at at least a 5000 watt portable generator.Remember, you need to have at least 20% more than the "Normal" operating watts as a safety cushion.

The inverter is possibly an emergency back-up. Why do no longer you verify the entire skill of each and every of the mains home equipment ? 2000 watts could be nicely greater effective than the actually skill mandatory, if somebody mandatory 1000 watts i could propose them to apply a 2000 watt inverter. yet i could luckily use a 1300 or 1500 watt generator, because of the fact there are greater rubbish invertors around than rubbish turbines. in case you utilize the home equipment plenty and that's an previous truck, it may pay you to study in case you may get greater skill-effectual home equipment, you extremely can the place lights is worried. for each watt of electric skill used, your generator will use a minimum of three watts nicely worth of gas. you could additionally evaluate the possibilty (i don't be attentive to if that's criminal regardless of the undeniable fact that) of having a mains voltage alternator run immediately off the van's engine ? A a million kw alternator will use decrease than 2 HP from the engine and keep you area interior the back.

If you are buying a generator then you do not need an Inverter.The generator will do what the inverter does easier and better.

1.21 jiggawatts