Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 9 years ago

Do people even know what patriotism is anymore?

The average person thinks that patriotism means putting a flag outside your house and bowing down to the government. Whenever I question the Wars in Iraq or Afghanistan, I get branded an unpatriotic traitor. When I am concerned over the fact that America is dying, or the fact that the government is slowly becoming more and more powerful and tyrranical I get "love America or leave it" as a response. Then theres the "good ol' boy" types saying we should blow up the middle east and kill all the muslims because apparently, every muslim is a terrorist. So I guess I'm just unpatriotic and a "complainer" and a "hippie" and I should just agree with the government and accept tyrrany or "leave America." I guess I should agree with every single unjustified war we start, accept the deaths, and physical and mental injuries of our soldiers, and accept the hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties or else I'm a "hippie" and a "complainer." What happened? Have people forgotten what patriotism is? Have we forgotten the advice of our founding fathers?

• Typo
    Favorite Answer

As an American it is your JOB to question the actions of the federal government.

They work for you and me. It is our responsibility to keep them in line.

I know how you feel. I get tired of being called a racists simply because I question the actions of our current administration.

The average person thinks that patriotism means putting a flag outside your house and bowing down to the government. Whenever I question the Wars in Iraq or Afghanistan, I get branded an unpatriotic traitor. When I am concerned over the fact that America is dying, or the fact that the government is slowly becoming more and more powerful and tyrranical I get "love America or leave it" as a response. Then theres the "good ol' boy" types saying we should blow up the middle east and kill all the muslims because apparently, every muslim is a terrorist. So I guess I'm just unpatriotic and a "complainer" and a "hippie" and I should just agree with the government and accept tyrrany or "leave America.

Source(s): monnabd.wordpress.com

Descent is the truest form of Patriotism. It is sad to see so many Government Bootlickers. Many Americans are not capable of critical thinking on their own.

They turn on the Government Propaganda Machine called the Main Stream Media and are told what to think. They go throughout their day repeating what they were told to think that morning on TV.

• ?

As 0scar Wilde suggested "Patriotism is the final shelter of a scoundrel" If all else fails, wave the flag. Why no longer basically help that this is solid and oppose that this is incorrect...despite the source?

Hi dude

I know how it is.

the media dictates to us

a few people will be aware of this

I look which country is winning....charlie sheen is cool

consumption is up,techno is steady...

the governments are useless wasting **** loads of money

the manufacturing is needed in every country

why is china the most productive nation in the modern world...the government helps them!!!!!

the banks are controlling growth and selfish arsholes....they need to be put in line.....no mercy take them over as socialists gains...

,this just my opinion...thanks

Patriot, hero, honor, truth, integrity, they have lost all meaning in this day and age. People throw them out as sound bites and catch phrases.

• ?

Take the land- kill ALL the Natives but a few-

Import whites from countries EAGER to GET RID of them-

YOU REALLY sure YOU want to TALK about PATRIOTISM?

i don't!