Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Laurie
Lv 7
Laurie asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

Who Has Cats or Dogs and a Dyson Vacuum?

Okay, I am breaking down and buying new vacuum. I have an older Kirby that is to bulky. The new ones are too expensive and I really don't want another. Who has a Dyson? What kind? Do they last? and do they really pick up the pet hair? How long have you had it and what is the repair record. Thank you in advance for your info.

Update:

I am really fussy and a clean freak, so is the extension wand long enough and is the suction still good. I am talking about the upright Dyson.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The dyson cleaners are mediocre at best they appear to pick up a lot because cyclonic action fluffs the fibers and hair making it seem like a lot was picked up the cyclones create too much resistance and lead to poor airflow. If you are fussy about your cleaning but don't want bulk might i suggest a Sanitaire? they are as powerful as a kirby but lighter or perhaps the Simplicity Freedom if you want onboard tools Sebo Lindhaus or Miele is the way to go any of their basic models will cost you about what a dyson does but their performance will be superior

Source(s): Owner of a Dyson DC-17 Animal
  • 9 years ago

The Dyson is a miracle. I had 7 cats and dogs at one point and the Dyson never once faltered. Before then I had broken four vacuums after several uses due to the volume of animal hair. It was insane. Try amazon.com or ebay for a good deal and you may be able to get a coupon from retailmenot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.