Is South Africa still one of the most racist countries?

I knew it was one of, if not the most murderous country in the world, but what I was unsure of was whether this was being deliberately perpetrated against the opposite race.

Favorite Answer

I live in South Africa and South Africa is not racist, obviously like every other country South Africa has racist people so does China , Brazil, USA Britain right?

It is a very racially sensitive country due to an unfortunate past similar to that of the USA and w2 Germany. Making it is one of the LEAST racist countries in the world.

It has had some sad Xenophobia Attacts on some Africa Nationals from poor township people be cause of job loss, crime and rape and drug smuggling .

I urge you to conduct reputable research on the country instead of asking ignorant , bias and unfortunate Souls who have not set foot on this beautiful land - btw. South Africa is a COUNTRY , it has a president (Jacob Zuma) and its own currency (the Rand) - as for the farmer brutalitie those farmers killed were Borers (afrikaaners) who unfairly paid their workers low salaries ,often called the highly racial insults (even to English-speaking white people) and stole their land.They even wave Nazi look-a-like flags.

South Africa hosted the prestigious Fifa soccer world cup in 2012 and received a tourist rating HIGHER than Germany .

P.s Please ask people who have recently visited ( by that I mean from 2002+) the country to obtain an accurate and precise test.

Be sure to come to Cape town, for the best social and scenic atmosphere and Limpopo, Kurger National Park for best wildlife and Sandton, Johannesburg for an uptown experience.

If you have any further questions, I'm happy to answer.

I hope I helped !

• Karen

I can't for sure agree that South Africa is the most racist but on that list I would include Russia, America, and Zimbabwe I might have to add Mexico to the list as well...

You sound strikingly like a South African expat. South Africa does have many major race-related problems but the racism isn't as overt and violent as you make it sound. It IS there, white-on-black racism as well as black-on-white. Many white south africans suffer from paranoia and guilt ( thus they think black south africans are out for revenge at every incident). In short, racism in SA is rampant but far more tame and far less overt than most outsiders imagine it to be.

From my experience of being here for nearly 6 years (from the UK) white South Africans are still incredibly racist, and see those with darker skin colours as inferior - 'them' not 'us' at a basic biological level. Black South Africans in particular are sensitive, for good reason, about being treated as inferior. The murder rate among white South Africans compared to black is minimal. The reality being that poverty (experienced overwhelmingly by black people) makes people desparate.

I speak as a white English immigrant with 2 black South African daughters. The colour of our skins is irrelevant. We will share our cultural backgrounds and are all be the richer for it.

Dear Sir/Madam

Kindly be advice that I am the Chief Medical Officer at Komani Hospital of Queenstown. I have been working in the State Hospital for the last 23 years & holding Citizenship=Passport of RSA but noticed that no ANC high profiles want to respect/obey the Constitution of RSA

SHORT BACKGROUND: I received the best awards/appreciations from 5 Ministries from their D.G & Ministers. The ex-Premier of Eastern Cape Mr.Stofile wanted to put me in the ex-State President office(Mr.T .Mbeki) as a special adviser or in the Planning Commission due to my strong background but the Portfolio Committee (ten cabinet Ministers) among ten voted for me only four(4) those know me personally but those 6 members never met me but their arguments were un-authentic that I never fight with them during liberation (political asylum ) & was not born in RSA etc. on the other hand I threw a challenge that any ANC BLACK members or any high profiles like cabinet Ministers, D.G,MEC etc could defeat me in terms of I.Q, general knowledge, service delivery capability , administrative ,Constitutional ---- debate for R1 million till date but no one has confident to take this offer but I must work under a nurse(ANC) that is the reality and she can hire and fire any(non-black) qualified Medical Professor ,Consultant & Doctor but which is the gross malpractice in terms of the PSC act.

CONCLUSION: What is expected from you to advice/guide me, how to organize a press CONFERNCE regarding the gross violation of human rights, racism, discrimination, nepotism, massive corruption & xenophobia of ANC in every levels which was brought to the attention of DA,ID(Ms.Z.Helen & Ms.D.Patricia)it seems they are very week opposition parties , many other important info.(concrete evidence of corruptions of ANC members) Couldn’t add here but -----

Dr.Sirajul Islam , CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER

Komani hospital Ph: 045- 8588731,fax:045:8588802

cell:0619365988 or islan.siraj@yahoo.com ,, skype : ritutunu65

Queenstown, South Africa

The racism is South Africa has been reversed and the Black brutality and barbarism is far worse than was the mistreatment of Blacks during the apartheid era. Of course the mass media will not report the ubiquitous brutality against Whites in SA today when Whites are now the victims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT4SLj5l3f0

Youtube thumbnail

I'm not sure about "most racist", but surely racism does exist there. You'll find racism exist in almost every country whether it's obvious or subtle.

Not racist but Xenophobia. The racism is plummeting and the white massacre is declining.

South Africa is a region of Africa, not a country. It is filled with white europeans that are currently being massacred by the dozen a day. So yeah probably pretty racist.

I'm sure 500 years of rape, torture, killings and pure racisms can be dismissed by a few thousand deaths of white farmers who were clearly racists.