Twice I had spiders inside my car; Is that a sign of good luck?

My travel home these past two days have been quite bizarre and eventful. The day before yesterday I was driving home on the freeway and saw a big white spider crawl out of my air vent and proceed to come near as I was driving. I did not kill it but pushed it away till I got safely off the freeway. After I got off the freeway I tried looking for it but could not find. As soon as I was about to precede back on the freeway it crawled back out but this time close to my leg. I swerved and pulled over and managed to get it out the car. I did not kill it. Yesterday as I got home I saw another spider, this time it was small and black. I think I managed to get it out the car. I did not kill it.

This has never happened to me before nor have I heard of such a story of so many spiders surrounding someone. My car isn't dirty so I'm not too sure why it's happening to me. Could this be a sign of good luck? I sure do hope so...

Best Answer

Not for the spider.

Car are a good place for spiders to hunt prey. If windows are left open it is common for spiders to get into passenger compartments. As long as spiders don't frighten you,they are not bad luck.

They can startle you,but they are not going to hurt you. If nothing else, you can ignore the spiders until you get home, then remove any you can find and turn them loose. Sadly, some people have a serious fear of spiders, and finding one while going down the freeways can be fatal.

Australia seems to be famous for having those huge but harmless huntsman spiders hitching rides in cars.

Ruud explains this better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCO56iyBXtU

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): UC Irvine, entomology

Think about it, What do spiders eat? They eat insects and bugs. So, you might have some other little bugs running around your car laying eggs and whatnot.

I started to get chills and want to cry cause I hate spiders big and small.

• Mister

It's a sign that spiders can get in your car...

• Kevin7

I say NO!!Luck is not real