affiliate marketing: youtube videos?

i'm new to this stuff. are there any rules or laws against advertising your product on youtube.

Favorite Answer

Yes there are rules, you can't advertise your own product. Even products that exist, can't be advertised.

I have done youtube affilate marketing in the past, and this is my experience:

Yes, you can promote products with youtube. Your video shouldn't be one big advertisement though, you need to provide value in your niche. In the description box, you can have a link to your product. I recommend using an URL shortener.

As a rule of thumb you need to ask yourself: Is this video spammy? If you cannot answer yes honestly to this question, then create a new one. The last thing you want is to spam the youtube community.

If you provide value, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to promote products.

-Andreas

Source(s): my expertise