Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 9 years ago

What is a great way to start a cupcake and wedding cake business in a new neighborhood?

My husband and i just moved to a new town called Chandler in Arizona because of a job offer he got. I had a bakery before we moved but had to close it down after we weighed our options.. I had great business but i was the only one earning income and finding a job for him as a web designer in worcester, massachusetts was quite hard. This offer was difficult to pass so we took a chance. I am wondering if anyone has great tips on marketing myself as a baker. I am outrageously artistic and a great baker. If you watch TLC's amazing cakes then you can picture me in there (sorry if i sound like i'm into myself) Just telling you what i can do.

The problem is I am not sure how and where to start from. Do i go door to door giving free cupcakes and my business card? or hire someone to take flyers door to door....

HELP!!!! I dont want to solely depend on my husband. I am the enterprising type of woman. I have to make it on my own. Life has funny turns.

1 Answer

Relevance
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.