Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 9 years ago

What is a great way to start a cupcake and wedding cake business in a new neighborhood?

My husband and i just moved to a new town called Chandler in Arizona because of a job offer he got. I had a bakery before we moved but had to close it down after we weighed our options.. I had great business but i was the only one earning income and finding a job for him as a web designer in worcester, massachusetts was quite hard. This offer was difficult to pass so we took a chance. I am wondering if anyone has great tips on marketing myself as a baker. I am outrageously artistic and a great baker. If you watch TLC's amazing cakes then you can picture me in there (sorry if i sound like i'm into myself) Just telling you what i can do.

The problem is I am not sure how and where to start from. Do i go door to door giving free cupcakes and my business card? or hire someone to take flyers door to door....

HELP!!!! I dont want to solely depend on my husband. I am the enterprising type of woman. I have to make it on my own. Life has funny turns.