AP chemistry homework help?

The standard free energy of formation of nitric oxide, NO, at 1000 K (roughly the temperature in an automobile engine during ignition) is 78 kJ/mol. Calculate the equilibrium constant for the the reaction N2(g) + O2(g)<-->2NO(g) at 1000 K.

Please help! My AP Chem exam is on Monday and I would really like to understand this.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi there! I have it Monday too! So, we use the equation Delta G(standard)= -RT ln(K) =

78000j*2( 2moles of NO) = -8.31*1000* In(k) =

In(k) = -18.772. Solving for K we get e^-18.772=k =7.04 * 10^-9. Look for significant figures. I just did not do it.

Source(s): MY BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!
  • Nancy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i suggest you don't too much in one day. This is might be a little new to you and you don't want to overwhelm yourself. Also, i reccomend searching on youtube. Type in "ap chemistry" as i've found some very helpful videos that really clarified some of the more difficult subjects.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Goddamnit I hate my chemistry class. Am in normal chem but everyone else that's in ap or honor chem is doing easier stuff than my class,

Sorry, I don't exactly remember how to find equilibrium. ): It's been a month or two, and am sure everyone in your class is also pretty confused about it (my class was too).

Source(s): High school chem
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.