Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 8 years ago

Bundle of joy or baby fever?

I am turning 23 in two months I have been with my h.s sweet heart going on seven yrs we have a puppy bout to be a yr next month she is in a training program n we just got our own place november of last yr.

we had an unfortunate still birth in the beginning of january 2010,

for the past two months I have been wishing to try for a second baby.

my manager just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and my assistant manager is due in less than 3 months, n I also found out another close co-worker is pregnant, also my h.s best friend gave birth 3 months ago to her first born.

I have been gravitating towards woman who are barring ever since my first pregnancy

I have not talked to my boyfriend yet I am confused if what I am feeling is just baby fever considerring alot of close ppl in my life are pregnant or have just given birth..

I think about it day n night sometimes its hard for me to sleep because I am simply thinking about it way too much..

I would love to become a mother, I was so happy with my first son and became so depressed and devasted when he became an angel. I hear I am not ready alot, when I think about it I wonder if anyone is ever really ready to bring another life into this world.

I am not a party animal only in special occasions other than that I like to be at home with friends or family, I am just so confused and in need of some advice.

I know I am still young n have alot to learn n more of the world to experience, but I also believe being 23 I will be a very active parent with my child and an even more active grandparent.

What to do?

Favorite Answer

your young but you have a good head on your shoulders!

im 21 and 35 weeks pregnant, always wanted babies young and as many as i can handle.

im so sorry for your loss, its been over a year and im sure it hasnt gotten any easier.

talk it over with your boyfriend and see what he says, maybe he wants to take the relationship one steo further before hand? which wouldnt be a bad thing!

i think if your emotionally ready, go for it. you deserve to be happy!

• LizB

Talk to your partner about what you want... though preface it with a conversation about marriage, since children deserve to have parents who are formally committed whenever possible (plus the legal and tax benefits are helpful). If you and he feel that you're ready for the responsibility of marriage and children, then you're both adults and it's up to you to decide what is best for your relationship and your future together.

In a way, I've been going through what you have, in that SO many people I know have recently had kids. I think it definitely influenced my desire to have them, though with me, I'm 31 so age also had something to do with it. When I was your age I didn't really know anyone with kids (except those who got knocked up as teenagers on accident), and marriage and parenthood were the LAST thing on my mind, even though by then I'd been with my now-husband for 2 years already. At 23, I still felt very, very young. It was weird to me when I got around 26/27 and suddenly tons of people I knew in high school were becoming parents -- and weirder when they already had more than one child! But I think I just fell in with the crowd who went to college, had careers, and got married before kids, and so most people I know have had them in their 30s. To me, that seems "normal," but I know other people have different experiences.

It's always best for a child to have both parents around, so if you're thinking about having a baby you should evaluate your relationship. If you don't know that you'll be with this guy long term, it's a bad idea. If you know you will, marry him! Plus, it's not only good for the baby to have both parents, but it'll be great for you, too! To have him to share in the joy (and the work ;) is a thousand times better than being alone.

• Sarah

Sounds like you're ready to me :)

I'd say go for it! No one is EVER ready for a baby, I'm up day and night sometimes, my son always been a horrible sleeper and very active during the day. But no matter how old you are there are good moms and bad moms, it's sounds like you're one of the good ones.

I like to party on occasion even after having my son, it's good for ya! I'm a young mom and I'm so happy to have my son, although I'm 19 and wish I'd waited until after college, he was an accident but an amazing one.

Talk to your man, if he agrees and you've done greiving and are both ready to start a family I say hope on that horse

Source(s): Mom to 11 month old