How to revive a dead car battery?

my car battery voltage will not

go more than 7.98v. Even after

i charge it with 14v for more

than 5 hours.

Is there any technique to

revive it so it can be recharged back to 12++ volt.

Thanks

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It has likely sulfa-ted, particles drop down and battery chemiisty has changed, it is dead for good.

• Login to reply the answers
  • maloy
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Sounds to me such as you have have been given a parasitic draw someplace on your electric gadget. First close off all the vehicle's lights fixtures and upload-ons then close all the doorways. With the battery interior the vehicle, first do away with the adverse battery terminal. Now, utilising a multimeter set to the DC volts scale positioned one probe on the adverse terminal of the battery and the different probe to floor. examine the meter. in case you examine greater effective than a pair of quarter of a volt, you have a draw someplace. Troubleshoot the draw via having somebody do away with fuses one after the different till you spot the meter voltage drop. once you spot the voltage drop, you’ve chanced on the circuit in which you have a ability drain. thoroughly study that circuit, section via section, till you come across the clarification at the back of the voltage drop. Isolate and fix the undertaking. If this would not restoration the undertaking, take greater effective look after some days and notice that all and sundry the lights fixtures are off before you walk faraway from the vehicle for the night. it might desire to be something so basic as a door that hasn't closed completely, inflicting an indoors mild to stay on in one day or in line with threat a bad activate an under hood or trunk mild. Any of those are greater effective than adequate to do the interest. i've got executed it myself, greater effective than as quickly as. in many circumstances, an entire battery cost will look after it. Even a bounce initiate and working the vehicle for an hour or so ought to build your battery up adequate to get you going returned as long as your alternator is doing its interest. There are diverse tactics that gets you the respond you like, this is in simple terms between the the thank you to end the comparable element.

• Milton
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No. It needs a new one. When it won't hold a charge, it means that the material in the cells is worn out. If it is still under warranty, you will get a small credit toward the new one. If it is over the number of miles it is guaranteed for, you have to pay full cost. Once it discharges or stays low, you don't want to mess with it. You can be driving along on a dark road and your headlights dim and the motor shuts down. It won't have enough power to recharge your phone if you haven't kept that battery up to date either.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

r the battery will hold a charge or it wont!!!!! go buy a new battery and while you are there have them check your alternator but a 12 volt battery is always 12 volt the only difference between a cheap battery and a more expensive one is its duty cycle

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • john
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Sorry.This may seem like a blunt answer.But when it comes to batteries,purchase the one that has the most cold cranking amps.

You need to get a new battery from a trusted repair shop who will check you alternator.

• 8 years ago

You are supposed to use a cable and send juice from another car to yours. Call a roadside auto service and they will jump start for you If you have a stick shift you can get a push from someone and double clutch it to start.

• Poppy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Get a new one. I had problems with mine and ex-hubby kept saying it was my fault. I got tired of it and bought a new one and had it installed. No problems with battery now.

• 3 years ago

• jonds
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Get a new one, it will be cheaper than the one I bought for my Harley.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Nope, your battery is toast.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.