Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Is the release of documents seized at the Bin Laden compound a political move by Obama?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Statesman he is not, political opportunist he is.

There are other conniving, graspingly self-motivated politician who feel icky at the mention of Obama's name.

• David
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Every time a President breathes his chest makes a political move. That is the nature of the job. If you want that to change you must stop making a political issue of everything he does.

I know it is hard for a partisan but you need to be reasonable here. If the whole "Mission Accomplished" thing wasn't a political move then what was it? Our system is designed so the President must run for reelection regardless of state of war or emergency. Since he or she must defend the administration's record this will be a political process.

Even Abraham Lincoln had to do it in 1864. That is the way it works, and it does work.

• 9 years ago

When you are president, everything is a political move. Of the administration didn't release them, the cons would be claiming that they were withholding information and threatening national security. You will be accused of gamesmanship either way, you might as well make it work for you.

• 9 years ago

Everything Obama has done for the last 18 months is nothing more than a political move.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Everything Obama does is a political move. This keeps his "killing" of Osama in the public eye.

• 9 years ago

No.

It's probably in response to the many FOIA requests about the documents.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yeah big time. I highly doubt that Osama was even killed let alone even existed in the first place.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You folks are too much...

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...

Grow up. You act like my kids.

• 9 years ago

he is milking this for all its worth

• 9 years ago

YES

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.