Does anyone know any good 80's movies?

I'm looking to watch a good 80's movie in the spirits of Near Dark, Fright Night or any good comedy. I can't wait to hear your suggestions!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

From all the 1980's:

1. Back to the Future (1985)

2. The Thing (1982)

3. The Princess Bride (1987)

4. A Christmas Story (1983)

5. This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

6. The Blues Brothers (1980)

7. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

8. The Breakfast Club (1985)

9. Evil Dead II (1987)

10. Airplane! (1980)

From 1980:

The Blues Brothers; Airplane!; Stardust Memories; Caddyshack; The Gods Must Be Crazy; Stir Crazy; Nine to Five; Friday the 13th; Private Benjamin; Popeye.

From 1981:

La chèvre (The Goat); The Great Muppet Caper; Gregory's Girl; Time Bandits; Stripes; Chi trova un amico trova un tesoro (A Friend Is a Treasure); Arthur; Polyester; History of the World: Part I; Halloween II.

From 1982:

The Thing; Tootsie; Fast Times at Ridgemont High; The World According to Garp; 48 Hrs.; Creepshow; Porky's; Airplane II: The Sequel; Friday the 13th Part III; Grease 2.

From 1983:

A Christmas Story; Zelig; The King of Comedy; The Meaning of Life; Trading Places; Local Hero; Terms of Endearment; Videodrome; Vacation; The Dead Zone.

From 1984:

This Is Spinal Tap; Ghost Busters; Stranger Than Paradise; Beverly Hills Cop; Gremlins; Sixteen Candles; Top Secret!; Romancing the Stone; Repo Man; Revenge of the Nerds.

From 1985:

Back to the Future; The Breakfast Club; The Goonies; After Hours; Clue; Pee Wee's Big Adventure; Fletch; Weird Science; The Jewel of the Nile; European Vacation.

From 1986:

Hannah and Her Sisters; Ferris Bueller's Day Off; Down by Law; Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home; The Hitcher; Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer; Big Trouble in Little China; Ruthless People; An American Tail; Little Shop of Horrors.

From 1987:

The Princess Bride; Evil Dead II; Withnail & I; Planes, Trains & Automobiles; Raising Arizona; Angel Heart; Good Morning, Vietnam; Moonstruck; The Lost Boys; Hellraiser.

From 1988:

Dom za vesanje (Time of the Gypsies); A Fish Called Wanda; Who Framed Roger Rabbit; The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!; Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios (Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown); Midnight Run; Beetle Juice; Heathers; Big; Dirt Rotten Scoundrels.

From 1989:

Crimes and Misdemeanors; When Harry Met Sally...; Back to the Future Part II; Say Anything...; Driving Miss Daisy; Christmas Vacation; Lethal Weapon 2; Major League; Parenthood; Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

• absolutely love fright night... Eddie Murphy has some classics from the 80's

Trading places

48 hours

beverly hills cop

coming to america

Delirious- stand up

some other great 80's movies

Stripes, Caddyshack, National Lampoons Vacation series, Blues Brothers, Weekend at Bernies, Ferris Buellers day off, The Dark Crystal, The Never Ending Story, The Untouchables, Amadeus, Risky Business, Terminator, Gremlins, Fast Times at Ridgemont High , The Breakfast club, Rain Man, BeetleJuice, Batman, The Shining, Twins, Rocky 4 , haha Purple Rain, Wall Street, Platoon, thats all i got for now

Source(s): the 80's
  • Rose D
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The Lost Boys.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Videodrome

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

It's not a comedy, and it's almost from the eighties..... Girl, Interrupted is a good movie though. And a comedy good one is, The Adventures of Baron Von Munchhausen.

Good luck.

• 9 years ago

- the Breakfast Club ( 1985 ]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.