Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

I am DESPERATELY in need of a new book/series!?

So, I am SO bored with all the books that I've found so far. I like them, I read them, and then I read them again two months later. I want a change up. I've read The Hunger Games, Unwind, Animorphs, Artemis Fowl, Percy Jackson, Kane Chronicles, Maximum Ride, most of the Gary Paulsen books, Guardians of Ga'Hoole, a lot of Heinlein, Narnia, Harry Potter, NEVER Twilight, so don't even mention it, Witch and Wizard, The Maze Runner, Eragon, Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit. So if there is a series/book that is close to any of those and really good, let me know! I really want a new book that I can delve into... Thanks!

• Fitz
    Best Answer

I've got two series for you. Considering the types of books you have read, I'm surprised you haven't already read them.

The Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan. It's even more epic than Lord of the Rings, and I'm a HUGE LOTR fan if that says anything. Frankly, this series and LOTR are the only fantasy novels that I think are of any quality. I hear Game Of Thrones is good too, but I haven't read it yet. Here are the books from Wheel Of Time:

1. The Eye of the World

2. The Great Hunt

3. The Dragon Reborn

4. The Shadow Rising

5. The Fires of Heaven

6. Lord of Chaos

7. A Crown of Swords

8. The Path of Daggers

9. Winter's Heart

10. Crossroads of Twilight

11. Knife of Dreams

12. The Gathering Storm

13. Towers of Midnight

14. A Memory of Light

The other series is The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. This is not horror, but an epic adventure story that links every book King has written. I warn you, the first two books are kind of slow, but the story then picks up in a whirlwind that doesn't stop until the final few pages of the last book. Very deep and symbolic with fantasy and adventure mixed in. If you ever watched the show "Lost", the writers admitted openly that they took many of their ideas from that book series. The were even approached by King (he was a fan of Lost) and were given the rights to make the movie basically for free. They agreed at first, but turned the deal down because it was their favorite book, and they didn't want to make a movie in fears of failing. Here are the books from the Dark Tower series:

1: The Gunslinger (1982), the first novel in the series

2: The Drawing of the Three (1987), the second novel in the series

3: The Waste Lands (1991), the third novel in the series

4: Wizard and Glass (1997), the fourth novel in the series

5: Wolves of the Calla (2003), the fifth novel in the series

6: Song of Susannah (2004), the sixth novel in the series

7: The Dark Tower (2004), the seventh novel in the series

8: The Wind Through the Keyhole (2012)

Sarah Dessen

Ellen Hopkins

Laurell K Hamilton

Sherrilyn Kenyon

Carrie Vaughn

Maryjanice Davidson

Janet Evanovich

Sue Grafton

Patricia Cornwell

Kathy Reichs

Agatha Christie

Alex Rider Series

The Dresden Files

Ranger's Apprentice

Department 19

Have you started reading the sequel series to Percy Jackson? It's called the Hero's of Olympus and the First book is The Lost Hero, I really liked it, just as good as the original series. There is also the Son of Neptune (book 2) which I haven't read yet but can't wait when I get a chance too.

Here's One That I LOVE! And The Last On Is Coming On The 22nd! So Anyway, It's Called: The Secrets Of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel. The First Book Is The Alchemist, And I Got Absorbed into it Super Fast. Try it Out, Okay?

Source(s): I Readed It.

The Ugly Series! I loved it!

I liked a lot of the books you read-Maze Runner, Harry Potter, Narnia, Hunger Games etc.

Source(s): Personal Experience

Have you read the Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner?

The Wee Free Men series by Terry Pratchett?

HPLover1 FOR GOD'S SAKE GIVE IT A REST. STOP COPYING AND PASTE.

Mortal Instruments - Cassandra Clare

Graceling - Kristin Cashore

Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead

Mythos Academy - Jennifer Estep

Alex Rider, Series of unfortunate events

Source(s): books are awesome

The Mortal Instruments by Casandra Clare is the best series I have ever read.