promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

SEnior citizens remember when there were fewer people on the earth, so what would happen if we lost 1/2 (cont)?

the population of the earth . Each area would loose according to its population . 50%.

Update:

ADDED DETAILS: What would happen to the economy, of a country, of the world , of a family?

Update 2:

PLEASE PEOPLE: I DON'T MEAN TO DO AWAY WITH ANYONE THAT IS ALREADY HERE!

I just mean if we diminished our numbers to the point that 1/2 of the earths population was reduced OVER TIME .

Update 3:

PLEASE PEOPLE: I DON'T MEAN TO DO AWAY WITH ANYONE THAT IS ALREADY HERE!

I just mean if we diminished our numbers to the point that 1/2 of the earths population was reduced OVER TIME .

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In actuality, that has happened. During the dark ages, and in the 1800's they had plagues. The black plague. the population was cut down in all areas of the world. some by over half or more.

I really don't know . what you want to know. as your question is not clear.

In 1918, we had the spanish flu that cost the lives of a great deal of the population, Now we have aids and it is costing many, many lives. More in Africa then any other country, but lives are being lost in the millions.

If you are asking what , will happen, the world goes on and the ones lucky enough to survive makes the world stronger then before. In fact they are finding out that the decedents of the people that had the plague, and survived have passed that gene on to the people that are alive now , and people that are the descendants are surviving things that others can not survive.Is this what you want to know?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • -
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Lona, that depends on the 50% that we would lose. If it was the people who actually have a work ethic, the rest of the world's population will go to hell quickly. Considering how genocides have killed off those people who are opposed to or are considered a threat to the regime, we've lost a lot of productive people, people with spines and the ability to think and do work. Sad isn't it?

• S
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

This sounds like a rapture show I saw once where people started to disappear and rose up to heaven.I think mayhem would would come about. The economy would tank even more so around the world. People would starve maybe even more so. If all the evil people were to disappear that would be o.k.

• 8 years ago

For some countries it would ease the problems - less people to feed, less infrastructure stress. But I'm sure that within 20 years the same problems would arise. People tend to repeat history - those who produce lots of children because of cultural norms, would just go back those habits again and soon, those same people would be asking for help with food again. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I haven't the faintest what would happen and all I can say is I hope the 1/2 that the world losses would consist of all the greedy people who takes advantages of others for self richness and evil power.

• daisy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I usually don't like to speculate on things that will never happen or the 'what if' factor.....the world would still remain the same, for the human heart hasn't changed since day 1 and will not in the future, either, except for divine intervention, but you weren't talking about that....were you?

• gale
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

This would place such a panic that I would imagine the world would stand still until people could move on.

• Dave M
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

If you were in the half that disappeared you would have anything to be concerned about.

• LeRoy
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

It would depend on which half we lose, the useful or the useless.

• 8 years ago

if i ate myself, would i double in size, or would there be nothing left of me???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.