Who will win the Kentucky Derby on saturday?
The 138'th run for the Roses -starring ..
HORSE - JOCKEY - TRAINER - ODDS
1. Union Rags - Julien Laparoux - Michael Matz - 9-2
2. Bodemeister - Mike Smith - Bob Baffert - 6-1
3. Dullahan - Kent Desormeaux - Dale Romans - 8-1
4. Gemologist - Javier Castellano - Todd Pletcher - 8-1
5. Hansen - Ramon Dominguez - Mike Maker - 8-1
6. Creative Cause - Joel Rosario - Mike Harrington - 10-1
7. I'll Have Another - Mario Guitierez - Doug O'Neil - 15-1
8. Alpha - Undecided - Kiaran McLaughlin - 20-1
9. Take Charge Indy - Calvin Borel - Patrick Byrne - 20-1
10. Daddy Nose Best - Garret Gomez - Steve Asmussin - 25-1
11. El Padrino - Rafael Bejarano - Todd Pletcher - 25-1
12. Went The Day Well - John Valazquez - Graham Motion - 25-1
13. Daddy Long Legs - Colm O'Donahue Aiden O'Brien - 30-1
14 .Liaison - Martin Garcia - Bob Baffert - 30-1
15. Optimizer - Jon Court - D.Wayne Lukas - 30-1
16 Done Talking - Sheldon Russel - Hamilton Smith - 50-1
17. Prospective - Luis Contreras - Mark Casse - 50-1
18. Rousing Sermon - Jose Lezcano - Jerry Hollendorfer - 50-1
19. Sabercat - Corey Nakatani - Steve Asmussen - 50-1
20. Trinniberg - Willie Martinez - Bisnath Parbo - 50-1
PonyGirl - Union Rags has the inside track alright ,#1 ..Good horse,good chance.
Take charge has a 2 or 3 time winner on it in Calvin Borel .. Oh the excitement , i had to buy a NY paper today to read a bit about this years Derby.One writer picked and was touting Creative cause
I'll wing it and pick Dullahan, Optimizer and Liason for the nice odds
Edit Not the correct post positions ? The source of my post positions did state that the starting horses and post positions were subject to change ..I can't edit my question -oops,oh well
It might be a wet and muddy track
- Sandra S.Lv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
Joey h..are you sure about the post position in your details..I read from examiner.com they are the following-
•1. Daddy Long Legs 30/1
•2. Optimizer 50/1
•3. Take Charge Indy 15/1
•4. Union Rags 9/2
•5. Dullahan 8/1
•6. Bodemeister 4/1
•7. Rousing Sermon 50/1
•8. Creative Cause 12/1
•9. Trinniberg 50/1
•10. Daddy Knows Best 15/1
•11. Alpha 15/1
•12. Perspective 30/1
•13. Went The Day Well 20/1
•14. Hansen 10/1
•15. Gemologist 6/1
•16. El Padrino 20/1
•17. Done Talking 50/1
•18. Sabercat 30/1
•19. I'll Have Another 12/1
•20. Liaison 50/1
I'll be back with picks :)
EDIT..OK, I'M BACK WITH PICKS-
These are my 3 best guesses..lol. Anything can happen, with the final outcome decided by the horse and rider when they cross the finish line..Good Luck we will need it..lol..
Win ~ Union Rags- Is my Win, as he holds strong as a top contender, he's physically huge, has great turn of foot, and is fine tuned for this race..Yes, he has experienced troubled trips in the past, but Julien Leparoux is ready to rectify that.. with a clean trip it's over for the other contenders..as a stretch runner, Union Rags should get a fast early pace to set up for his late charge style. With Trinniberg in the race this will ensure a torrid early pace..perfect for Union Rags. Michael Matz is a great trainer and one of my favorites. His integrity speaks for itself.. !
Place~ Hansen- is another top contender of mine as is in this week's rankings. I have been on the Hansen bandwagon and will continue. He's still improving and will love the Churchill dirt surface. Hansen draws decent outside post, if he doesn't get caught in traffic he'll be flying. The Kentucky-bred Hansen could have a home-field advantage at Churchill Downs .
Show- Gemologist- Son of Tiznow is undefeated in 5 career starts. Has edge for he loves Churchill ..with winning two starts on track.
Enjoy the race !
- Kool K.Lv 79 years ago
I like (19) Sabrecat ,because he has shown a liking for the Churchill surface ,and has the right running style for a race like the Kentucky Derby.
My other 4 favorites are:
1) Union Rags
6) Creative Cause
- JSCLv 69 years ago
WIN/4/ Union Rags- Has the stamina to WIN the Kentucky Derby !
Place/11/Alpha- Best Proven Pedigree Contender !
Show/15/ Gemologist - Tiznow..do I need to say more !
ALT/14/ Hansen- In case of a scratch - High Energy, Consistent, likes all weather tracks (sloppy), Jockey Dominquez. Should be in the money !
- 9 years ago
My picks are Gemologist, Bodemeister and Dullahan
EDIT: Since posts have been decided, I've changed my picks. I'm now going for Bodemeister, Gemologist and Union Rags.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 9 years ago
Those are not the correct post positions but the odds are correct...My three picks of the moment are Hansen, Dullahan and Alpha, but I change my mind every 5 minutes
- ponygirlLv 69 years ago
Union Rags will win,I hope!
If not,watch out for Take Charge Indy or Gemologist.Source(s): Racing fan
- Anonymous4 years ago
Bob Black Jack Adriano Recapturetheglory My kids have Pyro Big Truck Z Fortune Eight Belles
- DmathLv 49 years ago
this is a great field and very tough to call. i'll take dullahan and went the day well. throw in creative cause for your trifecta. i was very high on optimizer before he choked at the arkansas derby. maybe he can redeem himself
- Anonymous9 years ago
I LIKE SABERCAT TOO.A FIVE HORSE EXACTA BOX WITH
DADDY LONG LEGS
WENT THE DAY WELL
I'LL HAVE ANOTHER AND