Are they ever going to revamp or restart X-Men?

They are doing that to Spider-man and are sticking to the comic this time...are they going to do that with X-Men?

I hated the ending to X-Men Last Stand...it was just awful to me...and some of the wrong actors were playing the wrong characters...but I'm not going to get into that. I just was wondering if they were going to have an X-Men 4 (please don't count X-Men First Class as X-Men Four [very good movie]) or remake X-Men-maybe they will stay with their origins and have better actors...

Favorite Answer

X-men at the moment is just origins type of thing . before the actual modern X-men, they have confirmed X-men: First Class 2. another Wolverine movie which takes place after X-men Origins: Wolverine, called "The Wolverine" is set to be released April of next year. it's hard to tell where they'll go after Wolverine 2 and First Class 2.

First Class by itself undoes some of Last Stand though. I personally think with the success of First Class they'll stick to origins for a while, then perhaps after a bit of origins they'll reboot X-men as in the modern X-men. at any rate if they reboot X-men it won't be due for a few more years. 2015 at earliest in my opinion. production for First Class 2 is due to start January 2013 so probably late 2013 or early 2014 release

• Flame

I think "the last stand" indicated end of the Xmen movies..... so it was a trilogy.

NONE of the Xmen movies have been to the comics, but I have to agree first class was pretty good, and I like wolvie origins except for *insert long list of things here* (coming from an insane wolvie and deadpool fan)

I would love to see a reboot done, but they would need to make the movie for more of the comic reading base I think because they can't do much back story for all the caracters in one movie, and an entire movie of backstory would be boring.

I am sure that they will. They do that with every serie that they have. I haven't seen any offical anouncement for that. But I believe that is only a matter of time before that happens.