Do 5D/6D movies/cinemas really exist?

A friend of mine was like 'hey, I went to 6D cinema' and I was like 'You kidding me? There is not such a thing as a 6d cinema'. I know maybe I'm not that updated about these stuff, but I do know that there are 3d and some 4d theaters out there. What about 5d and 6d?

• Alex
    Best Answer

Yes...and no.

It's a marketing tactic to describe extra dimension in theater experience.

A 4D theater is one that usually adds motion controlled seating. 5 and 6D add other sensory input such as adding smells to the experience.

Imagine being in a motion controlled seat in a theater showing a film about a water tanker pilot fighting a forest fire. You would see the environment, would feel the vibrations in the seat, hear the rumble of the engines, smell the aluminum, fuel and oil, you would feel the impact and the vibrations as the tanker skims the water to scoop it up, smelling the salt in the water (if you were pulling from the ocean) and then feeling the heat as you approach the fire and smell the smoke.

In this case you have L,D,and H in the 3D effects, the 4th D would be the motion controlled seating, the 5th would be the smells, and the 6th would be the feel of the heat (or other tactile/touch effects)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do 5D/6D movies/cinemas really exist?

Source(s): 5d 6d movies cinemas exist: https://shortly.im/Rfm3Z

sure ,of course

The 5d Simulator is the latest technology that provides kids and kids-at-heart a multi-dimensional, dynamic and small theatre experience that is both stimulating and exciting.

Partnered with surround sound, the 9D Simulator offers not just active motion luxury seats, it also allows audiences to feel wind, lightning, fog, rain and more. It’s an experience that is not only life-like, it is also beyond enjoyable – one of the few reasons why you and your kids will love the 5D Simulator.

Expect your senses to be stimulated and overwhelmed with thrilling movies.

Distinctive visual effects are the norm when you watch cinema in 5D. All these are made to maximise your enjoyment. A few 3D movies have more effects compared to others. Normally, the length of a movie seen in 5D is 8 minutes, enough time for you to feel appropriately gratified.

Is sure exist. 5D film has become more and more popular, so the emergence of a free mobile traction to lead the mobile cinema relies on car, 5D car theater is said, small investment and quick results. The characteristics of vehicle mounted mobile cinema is Cinema: box body and a van is a whole, such moves more convenient, whenever and wherever possible can do business.

• prata

6d Cinema

Of course they exist. There aren't enough open worldwide as of yet, so it is reasonable people are not very much aware of them. Check here: www.facebook.com/MoviXD. A 6D cinema that has just opened in Cyprus.

Source(s): www.facebook.com/MoviXD
  • Silver

Not as yet but................

4D 5D 6D 7D Cinema

4D 5D 6D 7D Cinemacinema was developed based on the traditional 3D cinema and standard cinemas'. 4D 5D 6D 7D Cinema cinema has high technology, prominent theme, effective strong impact on the screen features compared to other types of theaters. with the needs of entertainment market on increase, development of video entertainment technology is also on rise so, viewers used to experience shocks, falls, rain, scratch and other effects in some 3D cinemas, but with 4D 5D 6D 7D Cinema cinema viewers can now experience new unique features, touch and feel such as smoke, water, optical bubble, smell and other effects....................................

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/zhuoyuan5d/p...

Source(s): eaabc

6d Movie

• Ana

Nobody would probably care, and atheists would go on existing irregardless of your belief or lack thereof -- and our existence would still be amply demonstrable by evidence. "I'm almost certain Atheism was just made up by the illuminati to destroy the government." I see. How sad for you.

of course they exist, then 5D has grown immensely during this yeaas.