Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 9 years ago

how to stop snoring permanently?

My husband is snoring reallly really bad every night. I've been thinking. There gotta be something I can do to make him stop. With all the crazy snorers out there, I would be surprise if no one has invented a snoring solutions. Please help.

Favorite Answer

I feel your pain. My son actually has the same problem. I've tried many snoring solutions out there before I finally got him to shut up. lol. There is a snoring mouthpiece you can buy. But good luck convincing your husband to put that on. It looks funny. Anyways, while there are no snoring cures, there are a couple snoring remedies out there. There is a step by step book I read that outline everything you need to know on how to stop snoring. It's a compilation of proven solutions you can try.

How To Stop Snoring Permanently

• TueLom

Stop Snoring Sleep Apnea Forever

• john

Snoring is an indicator of a deeper problem of sleep apnea. Observe and note the following.

1. pauses in breathing of more that 10 seconds

2. gasping, chocking, coughing

3. thrashing and or changing positions excessively

4. bathroom breaks 3-4 times a nite

5. complains of morning headaches

6. sleeps at inappropriate places (car, social gatherings, naps a lot.

If so, google these two tests 1. Berlin Questionnaire and 2. Epworth Sleepiness Scale. If he fails one or both, take your observations, the tests and your hubby to the doctor for an evaluation for sleep apnea.

Also, note the if your hubby has high blood pressure, diabetes or gastric reflux....sleep apnea will aggravate these.

also note, that if he is diagnosed with sleep apnea and has to be on a cpap machine....his snoring will be gone GOne GONE !!!!!

Source(s): sleep tech

Your husbands lifestyle can result in reasons why he snores. It would be best for his health to change your lifestyle, but I also recognize that it is easier said than done.

One of the leading causes of snoring is smoking and alcohol consumption and being overweight.

One natural snoring cure is stop snoring exercises, they are a popular way of naturally curing a snoring problem. With the use of snoring exercises you strengthen the loose muscles that have weakened over time. Like any other muscle in your body as you age they become “flabby” this includes you throat and jaw muscles.

Source(s): There have also been studies showing that this does work. The American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, scientists recruited a group of people with obstructive sleep apnea for testing. ---> http://naturalsnorecures.com/stop-snoring-exercise...

I discover how to use a simple,

Easy exercises to permanently eliminnate

Snoring as soon as tonight.

You can find it on my site for FREE at:

Http://curetosnoringtoday.blogspot.com

Source(s): Http://curesnoringtoday.blogspot.com

Sometimes snoring is caused by being so tired. I advise you to let your husband rest for a while and everything will calm down.

Source(s): Hope it helped.

Natural solutions:

1. Sleep on your side - because if you sleep on your back, tongue will be blocking the airway in your mouth.

2. Don't drink alcohol and don't eat heavy food

3. Stop smoking

4. Lose weight

5. Good sleep helps! Don't go to sleep very overtired!

Hope this helps!

Resource: http://www.snoringno.com/

Give him lupus. That'll make him stop snoring ;)