Snoring is an indicator of a deeper problem of sleep apnea. Observe and note the following.
1. pauses in breathing of more that 10 seconds
2. gasping, chocking, coughing
3. thrashing and or changing positions excessively
4. bathroom breaks 3-4 times a nite
5. complains of morning headaches
6. sleeps at inappropriate places (car, social gatherings, naps a lot.
If so, google these two tests 1. Berlin Questionnaire and 2. Epworth Sleepiness Scale. If he fails one or both, take your observations, the tests and your hubby to the doctor for an evaluation for sleep apnea.
Also, note the if your hubby has high blood pressure, diabetes or gastric reflux....sleep apnea will aggravate these.
also note, that if he is diagnosed with sleep apnea and has to be on a cpap machine....his snoring will be gone GOne GONE !!!!!