I dont understand why people say "yolo"?

Best Answer

In Drake's song the Motto (twhere YOLO came) he talks about having sex, getting drunk and wasted, and doing drugs and getting rich from all this. Because he says YOLO in a song containing such content teenagers and kids will interpret it as: LET'S GET WASTED AND HAVE SEX AS TEENS AND GET HIGH LOL YOLO!!!! It's meant to be interpreted as this: YOLO, You Only Live Once ... so don't screw it up by doing stupid sh*t like listed before. While Drake's intentions were morally right and good, the context of which his message was used was totally wrong and because of it, YOLO can/will/probably has already been misinterpreted by the absent and ignorant minds that is our generation 

YOLO stands for You Only Live Once

most people just think it's funny... then there's the people that really take it seriously

This is the first time I have ever heard that word.

So, I guess it must be a local thing where you are.

It is mostly used to justify poor decisions like heavy drinking, one night stands, etc.

Because people are dumb enough to think others think that its cool.