Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 9 years ago

How to have a good night sleep with allergies blocking my nasal passages?

Every night when I go to sleep my nasal passages block because of dust mites, I also have a cat. I can't even breathe, so then I end up not having a good sleep. Is there anything good out there to use, besides vacuuming the house everyday. Thanks

Favorite Answer

I do not have bad allergies, but at the moment, I have bad congestion too. for immediate relief, I use a squirt of afrin, and that lasts about 12 hours. be sure that after you squirt it, you lay on your back for about 3 minutes to let the stuff sink in. You can also use salt water spray throughout the night.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

• Susan

Administering over-the-counter medicines such as a decongestant combined with an anti-inflammatory analgesic (pain reliever) like Ibuprofen helps in draining your sinuses. If the stuffy nose is caused due to allergies, then it should be informed to the chemist to get the right kind of drugs. Acute cases of stuffy nose can be easily treated, but it is the chronic form that is difficult to treat. It is a common medical condition which affects everyone at one time or the other. For adults, as said earlier, it is not a great deal of concern.