Edna asked in PetsHorses · 9 years ago

Who is your pick for the kentucky derby?

Was just curious who people was liking for the Kentucky Derby I like union rags which goes back to Seattle slew and secretariat and creative cause which goes back to secretariat I also like hansen but didn't know any on his pedigree so who do you like to win?

When I looked at hansens pedigree I must have got the wrong one

Favorite Answer

Hansen is a Tapit son, who is a Pulit son, who is an A.P Indy son, who of course, is the result of a Secretariat mare being bred to Seattle Slew.

Oh his Mother's side, you get Storm Cat, where of course you find Secretariat again.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/hansen2

However, I have doubt that he can go the distance.

I like Creative Cause, he's a fighter. Giant's Causeway son, (Storm Cat x Mariah's Storm)

I like Dullahan. The dam has already proven that she can produce a kentucky derby winning foal. He has speed, the track favours his style.

Bodemeister (Empire maker x Untouched Talent by Stormcat) I've been impressed by his last few starts. He can dig deep.

Several good proven horses.

I'm actually not quite sure. I'm cheering for several horses! Union Rags, Take Charge Indy, Hansen, Creative Cause, Alpha and Bodemeister. Bodemeister is being ridden by my favorite jockey, Mike Smith. But Hansen might win because he's pretty focused...

As for the Oaks (I'm always for the girls!)

Oaks Lily (she's just so adorable!)

Grace Hall

On Fire Baby

Believe You Can

I'm hoping for either Hansen or Bodemeister or Union Rags to win for Derby. Than for Oaks I'd be happy with any but for some reason I'm really rooting for Oaks Lily.

The Kentucky derby was like two days ago :P

Mama kitty