promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How will technology advance over the next 10 years?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There is not likely to be any world changing technological advances over the next decade. What will happen is a general increase in the extent of the technology that we have today, such as:

*) Improvements in stem cell therapy

*) New and improved medications based on improved understanding of biochemistry

*) progress towards the development of fusion energy

*) improvements in energy efficiency

*) bigger and better telescopes (included since this IS the astronomy section)

As usual, computers will improve across the board by a factor of about a thousand. Expect storage devices offering a Petabyte (1000Tb) of storage, Computers will feature around four thousand cores. Available processing power will enable the simulation of an entire neocortex (ie brain), thereby demonstating the first truly artificial intelligence. Simulated reality will be totally immersive in 3D.

As usual, society will struggle to adapt to these changes. What is truly needed is commensurate improvements in education so all this new technology does not get squandered on such pursuits as "Big Brother in 3D", or "American Idol with a brain". Personally I think we can do better than that we we are smart enough to allow our education to keep up with our technology.

Cheers!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • menden
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i think of we can see a real snowballing of trans humanism, human beings would be getting robot or cybernetic implants, beginning with what seems maximum in all probability is the scientific RFID implant chip that medical doctors can test to get vitals or can discover any irregularities in the physique that could desire to be the early onset of like heart illness or maximum cancers

• 8 years ago

Give me ten years and I will tell you! Sadly no one can answer that question with certainty!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.