Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

What is a summary for the book "To Room Nineteen" by Doris Lessing?

A full detailed summary would greatly be appreciated.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"The grande dame of English Literature -- some of her most perceptive, most revelatory stories, beautifully repackaged For more than four decades, Doris Lessing's work has observed the passion and confusion of human relations, holding a mirror up to our selves in her unflinching dissection of the everyday. From the magnificent 'To Room Nineteen', a study of a dry, controlled middle class marriage 'grounded in intelligence', to the shocking 'A Woman on the Roof', where a workman becomes obsessed with a pretty sunbather, this superb collection of stories, written over four decades, from the 1950s to the 1990s bears stunning witness to Doris Lessing's perspective on the human condition."

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

To Room Nineteen

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is a summary for the book "To Room Nineteen" by Doris Lessing?

A full detailed summary would greatly be appreciated.

Source(s): summary book quot room nineteen quot doris lessing: https://tr.im/dVzg3
  • 9 years ago

BookRags.com has a detailed summary and study guide for "To Room Nineteen" here: http://www.bookrags.com/studyguide-toroo/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

it is true that men have to stop being the 'agents of blame' and start being the 'agents of change' however, what is more often overlooked is how chauvinists have behaved in the past 3 decades (women are inferior; women can't do that); people have only looked at how the feminists behaved. to solve any problem, however, most people believe we must start with accountability. in canada, groups now call 'violence against women' - men's violence against women b/c in the majority of cases, men have initiated it (and while men are more often victims of violence, it's often violence initiated by other men). so i think it will be interesting to see what will happen. in other countries, contrary to men to popular opinion, we call it 'violence against women' without ever mentioning the perps and most articles written on the subject are in passive tense - not active (as in the man strangled the woman). there are many other instances where men arent' blamed directly (women's rising incidence of HIV), men's gender roles (women tend to stay away from defining them), and the fact that women initiate 3/4 of divorce --- if it were the ohter way around - men initiated divorce - women would be reemed for being 'bad wives' -- i realize i have just mentioned 3 fairly taboo topics and i apologize if it offends anyone. anyway, no doubt men have to and must participate in a movement towards equality in order for it to be obtained. how to do this is the question...

• 9 years ago

http://www.bookrags.com/studyguide-toroo/

Just register to the site and you will find the summary.

Only e-mail is required.

I found this site by googling it up.

I am not apart of this site.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.